Thursday Roll Call

enasangels
on 8/3/11 10:00 pm - PA
Good Morning Pa,
Ida I'm so glad that your blood work came back so good.  The GC, as already said that may be a blessing in disguise.(let's just say he won't get a good Angies List review)  Try and take some time together, get the bike out for a ride or something.  I can't imagine all the stress between work, school, and the house.  (although when the house is done and you can enjoy it, maybe it will have been worth it all)
Liz, try to veg out a little tonight, I know that's hard with packing, and getting all the food together, but you will be able to enjoy your time when you get there.
Trish hope you are feeling better, and that Utley is too.
We had a bad thunderstorm last night, and the sky is overcast this am, but weatherbug says cloudy with temps in high 90's once again, so I will wait a little longer to leave for the waterpark this am, the two young ones are still asleep.  Have no idea what is for dinner tonite, maybe McDonalds for the little ones as thursday is their usual Happy Meal nite.  The McDonalds near my daughter's house has them for $1.00 on thursdays, so the kids usually get their "fix" then so I guess we will continue the tradition without the $1.00 price.
The days are starting to fall into a routine, so things are getting boring for me but the kids would swim all day every day if they could and it looks like today will just be another one of those.
Have a good day all.
Ena

"Journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."

bvohl
on 8/3/11 10:03 pm
Good Morning Ida and PA!

Ida, I am so sorry that you are having such difficulties with the GC! I agree with Lisa, SUE HIS A**!!!
Glad to hear that the bloodwork was good!!

Lisa, make sure when you are working at Dress Barn that you wear good supportive shoes. Take it from someone who worked retail FOR YEARS!!! I do not miss it at all....

Today is my last day of freedom because Dee is finishing summer school today. So, that means it will be 24/7 with her until I go back to work on 9/1, OY!!! Don't get me wrong, I love her but I LOVE having me time!! Tonight I am going to a shiva house for one of my coworkers who suddenly lost her husband a couple of days ago.

That is it for me!
Have a great day!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Lisa H.
on 8/3/11 10:39 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Yes, Beth.. supportive shoes are going to be necessary.  I thought the shoes I had on were ok,but maybe not.  I am going to have to get closed toed flats for the cooler weather and when I do, I will make sure I invest in a good pair.  

My tracker

hers 

IdaMae D.
on 8/4/11 8:42 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Beth;

Yes I really do believe this is goign to end in court.  I've started taking photos of work that is substandard or not completed.  As you can see I'm very good at photo documentation :-)

The photos of the sub-standard work will not make their way to facebook due to the GC and his wife being on my friends list.   They will be printed in 8x10's and become a very nice photo album....

Like I said on a couple other posts, it's really sad that this has happened Gene and the GC's wife have been friends for 20+ years.  I can see that this is going to end that friendship.

IdaMae

Laureen S.
on 8/3/11 10:20 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Ida, PA. . .

Great that your bloodwork is perfect!!!  Not so great about the GC, however, you are right to just move in another direction, but keep all receipts for work done that was supposed to be in what you contracted the GC for and then when you can take a sigh and destress from this, haul his behind to court and sue him!

Well your's is not the only boring day, I'm here at work, was sooooo tired when I woke up this morning, but still got my butt to the gym, it might actually be busy here today, as people are in from other places and sometimes that means more work for me, which I love, as a good deal of the time my job involves being office decor, oh well, I'm not complaining about getting paid for the decor I bring to the office ;)  After work, it's home for dinner, meeting up with my buddy Owen and then to our home group meeting, then it will be bedtime when I get home. . .

Hope you all have a good day and sending out special thoughts and prayers for Nan, hope all went well yesterday.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

IdaMae D.
on 8/4/11 8:54 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Laureen;

We have receipts for everything.  In addition I've started documenting all the sub-standard work as well as the unfinished work.  I really do think this is going to end up in court.  I see no other outcome at this point.  Then the problem with that is the money ends up going to lawyers and we still won't have enough money to complete the house because this GC is a jerk (boy there are a lot of other words that I'd prefer to use there!)

IdaMae

lynnc99
on 8/4/11 1:23 am
I am doing a little catch up work today, in preparation for being away for a week in NH.

Honestly it is HARD to keep my focus - still working on that where work is concerned.

The washer gets repaired this afternoon....let's hope this works. Stay tuned for the whole story, once I run a load of towels....

My weight is up 2 lbs. today. I think it is just because I have had 2 "big" pouch days. Today is lots of fluids, cottage cheese for lunch, and some extra exercise. I've started doing jogging in the pool, where the resistance essentially doubles the effectiveness vs. jogging on land, and of course without the impact. The goal today is a mile in the pool, plus an hour class. While I am gone I think there will be opportunitites for some yoga, and certainly good walks each day.

Ida, I would be at my wits end with the GC. Do you have options to report him to the licensing agency? You certainly have the photo documentation of where he left things. Talk about stress!!

Lisa, for work try some of the Dr. Scholl's inserts in your shoes. Not the expensive ones you get by using the machine, just the ones that slip in. There are various kinds, but I like the support I get from the "heel pain" variety! And also, these are half the price at WalMart vs. CVS.

Have a good day everyone!
IdaMae D.
on 8/4/11 8:57 am - Philadelphia, PA
Lynn:
you do have my curiosity peaked regarding your washer!

I am at my wits end.  I told Gene when I think of coming home it is so depressing.  I just want my house back.  In some ways I am so sorry we started this project.  I'd rather have had it raining in my kitchen than this crap that is happening now.  I'm tired of living out of wash baskets, there is no room in my closet, I can't hang things up, can't get in there to see what I have.  I need books for papers I'm writing that are out in the shed and neither Gene nor I can get to because we'd have to bring them all in.  This GC is completely F**&^^%^*(^ing with our lives.

IdaMae

Sara E.
on 8/4/11 2:21 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Good Morning all!
I am still off on medical leave.  I am getting stronger and better every day but am no way near back to my old self.  I am supervising Caleb packing for an 18 mile backpacking trip with his scout troop today. Theyy leave tomorrow evening at 6 pm and will be home sometime Sunday.  They are backpacking at the PA Grand Canyon...it should be fun for him.  He did it last year and it was hard, but now he is bigger & stronger, so he should enjoy it much more.
Later...
Sara

Lisa H.
on 8/4/11 4:20 am - Whitehall, PA
 Glad to hear you're getting stronger.  How exciting for Caleb to be going on this trip.  I'm sure he's going to do great and have so much fun!! 

My tracker

hers 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views